The Vice President of Sales Operations will be responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization.
Overview: Making healthcare data universally accessible, organized, and actionable is our mission and we need innovative, collaborative, and driven individuals like you to make it happen! Diameter Health is a rapidly growing organization passionate about transforming healthcare, and we are looking for a Vice President, Sales Operations to join our high-caliber team.
You will direct activities to drive sales force effectiveness and manage functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, go to market plan deployment, sales compensation design and administration, and supporting the recruitment efforts of sales force talent. You will be responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization.
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes with high levels of quality, accuracy and consistency and ensure efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes across the company.
- Provides leadership to the commercial organization, and counsel to the Chief Commercial Officer, in implementing sales and business development organizational objectives that reflect the company’s business objectives.
- Works closely with commercial leadership and other key stakeholders to define sales performance objectives and coordinates activity to lead efficient and accurate sales performance reporting.
- Leads pipeline reviews and account planning sessions with commercial team and continuously interacts with the commercial organization to ensure opportunities are properly captured and managed using a consistent sales methodology.
- Develops improved sales intelligence reporting methods and tools and ensures information is consistently distributed across key stakeholders to drive continuous improvement.
- Leads the efforts to design, refine, and maintain an optimal sales process and methodology to improve pipeline management and velocity, forecasting, and sales performance oversight
- Works closely with commercial leadership to define optimal seller performance measurement and performance management programs to ensure commercial success and scale and in accordance with sales process and methodology
- Utilizes the company’s HR performance management technology to ensure commercial team objectives are accurately and consistently tracked and managed.
- Responsible for equitably assigning sales force quota and ensuring the company’s financial objectives are optimally allocated across commercial resources.
- Partners with commercial team to identify opportunities for sales process improvement and fostering a cultural of continuous process improvement.
- Facilitates successful sales execution of new product launches by coordinating efforts across Strategy, Marketing, and Product to ensure well defined and efficient sales process is in place for launch.
- Manages the company’s CRM and Marketing Automation technology (SalesForce and HubSpot) and prioritizes investments in other enabling technologies in support of commercial team productivity.
- Makes recommendations for changing roles, coverage models, or team configurations to maximize sales productivity.
- Establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies and consultative selling methodologies.
- Drive sales effectiveness through improved product sales training and improved coordination with HR and Marketing (Sales Enablement).
- Oversee sales compensation plan administration by working with HR and CCO to design sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Provides direct leadership to Director, Sales Operations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 7+ years Sales Management and/or Sales Operations experience working in a leadership role preferably within a software company.
- Proven track record in business and sales strategic planning, pipeline management and forecasting, sales performance measurement and management, sales compensation designs, and sales training.
- Extensive experience in deploying analytical tools and developing financial models to measure sales and financial performance.
- Strong working knowledge of SalesForce, Hubspot, and other CRM, sales enablement and marketing automation technologies, and sales analytical and reporting tools.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Ability to influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations internally and externally.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and collaborative team player, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action.
- Great at execution: results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter
- This position requires infrequent travel
Job Location: Remote