Diameter Health is a leading-edge healthcare company at the forefront of addressing the critical need of integrating disparate patient data into a single comprehensive and highly actionable record. We provide innovative software based on proprietary algorithms that enable better clinical insights through the normalization, cleansing, de-duplication and enrichment of medical data from across the care continuum. This allows for the creation of a single, unified source of longitudinal structured patient information which is the basis for improved care and actionable analytics. The Diameter Health platform empowers organizations that depend on multi-source data streams, including Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), health systems and health plans, to realize significantly greater value from their data.
Our goal is to change the face of healthcare today by improving patient outcomes and increasing quality measures. Our team is built around professionals with a desire to succeed and a creative energy to drive change. We are seeking an experienced and results-driven Technical Support Desk Engineer.
The Technical Support Desk Engineer is responsible for providing support to all Diameter Health customers. As the initial point of customer contact for support, this position plays a key role in assuring timely response and quality support to customer inquiries. The position provides a critical interface with customers in answering user questions and resolving low level technical problems or triaging more complex problems and escalating those calls to engineers for timely resolution. This is a highly visible position due to the direct daily contact with Diameter Health customers and internal management.
The role will support calls via phone, e-mail, and customer management platform and must assure prompt, courteous and professional service to our customers by effective communication, timely follow-up, technical expertise and adherence to department policies and standards.
- Handle incoming customer inquiries and provide first time resolution support
- Communicate clearly at an appropriate level to provide a professional and knowledgeable experience for customers
- Create accurate and complete documentation on all customer interactions and problem diagnostics
- Provide a high availability and rapid response to all customer calls/escalations
- As needed, escalate calls appropriately, rapidly, and with necessary supporting documentation
- Educate customers as necessary to enable them to support themselves or resolve their issues
- Follow through on tickets and make necessary contacts to ensure call is closed to customer’s satisfaction, and ensure customer is appropriately updated
- Query available resources to identify existing solutions
- Identify new problems and contribute information necessary to document resolutions
- Contribute to process improvement teams and other assigned tasks
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Familiarity with HL7
- Network security (Firewall, SSL)
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Fluent in the English language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain calm, professional demeanor while balancing multiple priorities
- High School diploma
- 5+ years of work experience in a technical support role with direct customer contact
- Experience in using remote support methods
- Associate’s Degree (Electronics or Computer Science concentration preferred)
- MongoDB experience
- Previous experience using CRM or other customer/system logging applications
- Office environment plus work-from-home (requires functional, quiet environment)
- Must be able to work fluctuating schedule during various hours and required rotating on-call shifts
- Must be able to work occasional weekends to meet business needs
- Occasional travel for training (5%)
- Farmington, CT, Wellesley, MA, Albany, NY or Denver, CO