The Software Engineering Manager will lead a small, driven and growing team focused on developing the technology, performance, and scalability of our RESTful API and our web-based applications.
Summary: This is an opportunity to join an innovative and rapidly growing software company with offices in Farmington, CT and Wellesley, MA. Our team and strategic investors are passionate about transforming healthcare. As a rapidly growing organization serving the healthcare market, we are looking for the right people who align with our vision, mission and culture and are excited about joining a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The Software Engineering Manager will lead a small, driven and growing team focused on developing the technology, performance, and scalability of our RESTful API and our web-based applications. You’ll work to hire, mentor, and develop Software Engineers on your team as you use a data-driven approach to consider how our products and features are experienced by our end users. You’ll be empowered and encouraged to bring forth new ideas that further empower the product and the team while showcasing your passion for emerging web technologies and best practices.
This position is open to remote candidates.
Our Tech Stack:
- Express.js Framework
- Mocha, Jest, Cypress, Selenium
- Analyze, design, develop and support all software application systems in leading the Engineering team
- Collaborate with Automation and DevOps teams to ensure the full automation testing and successful delivery of all developed features
- Collaborate with Product Owners to refine and guide development efforts based on business priorities
- Approach the quality of software systems using a data-driven approach to achieve the virtuous cycle of build, measure, learn for internal-facing products
- Provide employee coaching, mentoring, development and team building
- Provide leadership and technical vision to your team
- Recruit to keep building an incredible team!
Knowledge or Skills:
- Advanced understanding of programming concepts
- At least 8 years of experience in software development
- At least 2 years of management experience in a technology role
- Working experience with source code version control (Git, SVN)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with healthcare information technology a plus but not required
- Experience with HTML or CSS a plus but not required
- Experience with noSQL databases a plus but not required
- B.S. in Computer Science or related ﬁeld or equivalent experience a plus but not required
Key Attributes for Success:
- Passion for software development and Test-Driven Development principles
- Deep desire to eliminate all manual steps
- Expertise in agile software development methodology and related metrics
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Constantly seeking to evolve and improve current processes
- Highly motivated
- Positive attitude
- Excellent and effective communication, both written and verbal
Job Location: Farmington, CT
Company Overview: Diameter Health is the standard for clinical data optimization, transforming raw patient information into the highest quantity and quality of interoperable data for healthcare organizations. Powered by automated, scalable, auditable technology and a team of industry experts, Diameter Health delivers actionable and enriched clinical data that enables real-time transactions, improved analytics, reduced cost, and better care outcomes. The Diameter Health platform enables organizations that depend on multi-source clinical data streams, such as health plans, Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), healthcare IT, life insurers, and health systems to realize greater value from their data. For more information, visit www.diameterhealth.com.
Apply with resume to: Careers@DiameterHealth.com