As a Software Engineer (Platform) at Diameter Health you will be a member of a small, driven and growing team focused on developing new features and platform capabilities for the growth of our RESTful API and web-based applications.
Company Overview: Diameter Health is a fast-growing leading edge healthcare company at the forefront of addressing the critical need of integrating disparate patient data into a single comprehensive and highly actionable record. We provide uniquely innovative software based on proprietary algorithms that enable better clinical insights through the normalization, cleansing, deduplication and enrichment of medical data from across the care continuum. This enables the creation of a single, unified source of longitudinal structured patient information which is the basis for improved care and actionable analytics. The Diameter Health platform empowers organizations that depend on multi-source data streams, including Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), health systems and health plans, to realize significantly greater value from their data.
Our goal is to change the face of healthcare by becoming the de facto standard technology platform for clinical data, no matter the downstream applications. Our team is built around professionals with a desire to succeed and a creative energy to drive change.
Job Location: Farmington CT, Wellesley MA, or remote
Job Summary: As a Software Engineer at Diameter Health you will be a member of a small, driven and growing team focused on developing new features and platform capabilities for the growth of our RESTful API and web-based applications. You’ll work on new features supporting our SaaS offering, and will lead the design and development of new capabilities to support the adoption of our offering into new markets. You’ll be empowered and encouraged to bring forth new ideas that further empower the product and the team while showcasing your passion for emerging web technologies and best practices.
Our Tech Stack:
- Express.js Framework
- Develop new features
- Design solutions and lead architecture discussions for new capabilities
- Communicate with the rest of the team effectively
- Debug issues brought forth by the product team
Key Attributes for Success:
- Passion for web and software development
- Effective Problem-solving skills
- Constantly seek to evolve and improve current processes
- Highly motivated
- Positive attitude
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
Knowledge or Skills:
- Advanced understanding of programming concepts
- At least five years of software development experience
- Experience developing with multiple backend languages (Node.js, Python, Java, Ruby, etc)
- Experience with some of the following: advanced data modeling, security, Dev Ops / Infrastructure frameworks, SaaS
- Experience with automated unit testing and acceptance testing frameworks (Mocha, Selenium, Puppeteer)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Working experience with source code version control (Git, SVN)
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily
- Experience with noSQL databases a plus but not required
- Experience with healthcare information technology a plus but not required
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience a plus but not required