As the Security Engineer you will lead security best practices across the organization while working with with our Security & Privacy Officer and the R&D organization to understand our security posture and needs.
Summary: This is an opportunity to join an innovative and rapidly growing software company with offices in Farmington, CT and Wellesley, MA. Our team and strategic investors are passionate about transforming healthcare. As a rapidly growing organization serving the healthcare market, we are looking for the right people who align with our vision, mission and culture and are excited about joining a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
As a Security Engineer, you will be a member of a small, driven, and growing team building RESTful API and web-based application solutions to large-scale healthcare data and interoperability challenges facing healthcare systems today. You will work with both our Security and Privacy Officer and the R&D organization to understand our security posture and needs. You’ll build automated tools and pipelines that identify security issues and ensure our systems meet our GRC (governance, risk, and compliance) needs. You will lead security best practices across the organization. You’ll be empowered and encouraged to bring forth new ideas that further empower the product and the team while showcasing your passion for emerging web technologies and best practices.
This position is open to remote candidates.
Our Tech Stack:
- Express.js Framework
- Mocha, Jest, Cypress, Selenium
- Design, build, and maintain security architecture and infrastructure
- Conduct research into vulnerabilities that affect networks, servers, instances, and containers across product environments
- Collaborate with IT and DevOps teams to harden systems, networks, and engineering processes
- Collaborate with Product Owners to refine requirements for security-related enhancements
- Model threats that could impact AWS/cloud and data center environments, and practically apply principles, best practices, and relevant standards
- Expand application security testing automation to include dynamic and static scanning functions
- Work cross-functionally and evangelize best practices and security tooling
- Debug issues brought forth by Support & Product teams
Required Knowledge or Skills:
- At least 5 years of experience in software development with 2+ years working on responsibilities relating to both security and DevOps
- Experience with AWS, Linux, containers, (Docker, Kubernetes), and CI/CD
- Experience developing with a backend language (Node.js, Java, Kotlin, Java, etc)
- Experience with source code version control (Git)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with healthcare information technology a plus but not required
- Experience with HTML or CSS a plus but not required
- Experience with noSQL databases a plus but not required
- Passion for software development and Test-Driven Development principles
- Deep desire to eliminate all manual steps
- Expertise in agile software development methodology and related metrics
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Constantly seeking to evolve and improve current processes
- Highly motivated
- Positive attitude
- Excellent and effective communication, both written and verbal
- B.S. in Computer Science or related ﬁeld or equivalent experience
Job Location: Greater Boston Area
Company Overview: Diameter Health is the standard for clinical data optimization, transforming raw patient information into the highest quantity and quality of interoperable data for healthcare organizations. Powered by automated, scalable, auditable technology and a team of industry experts, Diameter Health delivers actionable and enriched clinical data that enables real-time transactions, improved analytics, reduced cost, and better care outcomes. The Diameter Health platform enables organizations that depend on multi-source clinical data streams, such as health plans, Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), healthcare IT, life insurers, and health systems to realize greater value from their data. For more information, visit www.diameterhealth.com.
Apply with resume to: Careers@DiameterHealth.com