As an Engineering Manager responsible for Research and Development at Diameter Health you will leading a small, driven and growing team focused on developing the technology, performance, and scalability of our RESTful API and our web-based applications.
Company Overview: With two locations: Farmington, CT and Wellesley, MA, Diameter Health is a fast-growing leading edge healthcare company at the forefront of addressing the critical need of integrating disparate patient data into a single comprehensive and highly actionable record. We provide uniquely innovative software based on proprietary algorithms that enable better clinical insights through the normalization, cleansing, deduplication and enrichment of medical data from across the care continuum. This enables the creation of a single, unified source of longitudinal structured patient information which is the basis for improved care and actionable analytics. The Diameter Health platform empowers organizations that depend on multi-source data streams, including Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), health systems and health plans, to realize significantly greater value from their data.
Our goal is to change the face of healthcare by becoming the de facto standard technology platform for clinical data, no matter the downstream applications. Our team is built around professionals with a desire to succeed and a creative energy to drive change.
Job Summary: As an Engineering Manager responsible for Research and Development at Diameter Health you will leading a small, driven and growing team focused on developing the technology, performance, and scalability of our RESTful API and our web-based applications. You’ll work to hire, mentor, and develop Software Engineers on your team as you use a data-driven approach to consider how our products and features are experienced by our end users. You’ll be responsible for focusing the product and development teams on areas that need to change in order to delight our customers. You’ll be empowered and encouraged to bring forth new ideas that further empower the product and the team while showcasing your passion for emerging web technologies and best practices.
Job Location: Farmington, CT
Our Tech Stack:
- Express.js Framewotk
Our Testing Frameworks:
- Mocha, Jest
- Selenium, SauceLabs
- Responsibility to analyze, design, develop and support all software application systems in leading the Engineering team
- Work closely with our Automation teams to ensure the full automation testing of all developed features
- Work closely with our Product Owners to commit development efforts based on business priorities
- Approach the quality of software systems using a data-driven approach to achieve the virtuous cycle of build, measure, learn for internal-facing products
- Plan, develop and implement new features and enhancements to our product suite.
- Provide employee coaching, mentoring, development and team building.
- Provide leadership, management and technical vision to your own team
- Hire the best engineering talent to achieve goal of a best-in-class engineering team
Key Attributes for Success:
- Passion for software development and Test Driven Development principles
- Deep desire to eliminate all manual steps
- Expertise in agile software development methodology and related metrics
- Effective Problem-solving skills
- Constantly seek to evolve and improve current processes
- Highly motivated
- Positive attitude
- Effective communication, both written and verbal
Knowledge or Skills:
- Advanced understanding of programming concepts
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- At least 2 years of leadership experience in a technology role
- Working experience with source code version control (Git, SVN)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with healthcare information technology a plus but not required
- Experience with HTML or CSS a plus but not required
- Experience with noSQL databases a plus but not required
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience a plus but not required
Apply with resume to: Careers@DiameterHealth.com