The Director of Technical Support will be responsible for day-to-day leadership and management of the team providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to Diameter Health customers and internal Implementation/Technical Sales staff.
Overview: This is an opportunity to join an innovative and rapidly growing software company with offices in Farmington, CT and Wellesley, MA as a Director of Technical Support. Our team and strategic investors are passionate about transforming healthcare. As a rapidly growing organization serving the healthcare market, we are looking for the right people who align with our vision, mission and culture and are excited about joining a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The Director of Technical Support will be responsible for day-to-day leadership and management of the team providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to Diameter Health customers and internal Implementation/Technical Sales staff. This position plays a key role in ensuring Diameter Health provides timely response and quality support to customer inquiries and requests for upgrades. This is a highly visible position due to the direct daily contact with Diameter Health customers and internal stakeholders/management.
The role will provide support via e-mail and our customer management platform and must ensure the team provides prompt, courteous and professional service to our customers through effective communication, timely follow-up, technical expertise and adherence to department policies and standards.
In addition, this role will play a vital part in the building out of support offerings such as proactive monitoring for our infrastructure, a 24x7x365 support coverage model, and the streamlining of our upgrade processes.
The person who will succeed the most in the role is someone who can roll up their sleeves to personally assist with issues while also providing the vision and leadership to steer the fast growth of the team to provide our services at scale.
- Create support strategy that ensures Diameter Health meets or exceeds SLAs
- Manage the 24x7x365 support team to facilitate resolving customer product and technical inquiries
- Serve as a primary liaison with our offshore partners to lead the maturation of our 24x7x365 support offering
- Ensure the team provides a high availability and rapid response to all customer issues/escalations
- Determine KPIs (key performance indicators) and analysis strategy to help build a scalable support group that exceeds customer expectations. Focus on KPIs should look at backlog queue, time-to-close, customer reviews and data to determine resource growth needs
- Recruit, hire, coach, and mentor resources as necessary to build the support team required to meet our organizational needs based on our KPIs
- Create and implement tools, process and documentation to generate efficiencies in support roles
- Assist implementation with upgrades and environment support for hosted customers
- Create accurate and complete documentation on all customer interactions and problem diagnostics
- Create training materials and documentation to facilitate knowledge transfer and ensure rapid onboarding of additional support team
- As needed, escalate issues appropriately, rapidly, and with necessary supporting documentation
- Educate customers as necessary to enable them to support themselves or resolve their issues
- Work closely with DevOps to steer solution upgrade and maintenance towards automation where appropriate
- Communicate clearly at an appropriate level to provide a professional and knowledgeable experience for customers
- Serve as a technical lead in the execution of the organization’s proactive monitoring strategy
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong knowledge of Linux server operating systems (Ubuntu, Red Hat) and Windows Server 2012-2019
- Experience troubleshooting web applications
- Familiarity with programming concepts
- Familiar with enterprise database software (SQL, MongoDB)
- Experience programming in any language a plus
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes experience a plus
- Familiarity with medical terminology (C-CDA, HL7) a plus
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- A self-starter who can work independently, prioritize and trouble-shoot new issues
- Ability to maintain calm, professional demeanor while balancing multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in the English language
- Strong organizational skills
Apply with resume to: Careers@DiameterHealth.com