As a Director of Engineering at Diameter Health you will be responsible for hiring, mentoring, and growing the software development team(s) to develop, document, and maintain our RESTful APIs and web applications.
Company Overview: Diameter Health is a fast-growing leading edge healthcare company at the forefront of addressing the critical need of integrating disparate patient data into a single comprehensive and highly actionable record. We provide uniquely innovative software based on proprietary algorithms that enable better clinical insights through the normalization, cleansing, deduplication and enrichment of medical data from across the care continuum. This enables the creation of a single, unified source of longitudinal structured patient information which is the basis for improved care and actionable analytics. The Diameter Health platform empowers organizations that depend on multi-source data streams, including Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), health systems and health plans, to realize significantly greater value from their data.
Our goal is to change the face of healthcare by becoming the de facto standard technology platform for clinical data, no matter the downstream applications. Our team is built around professionals with a desire to succeed and a creative energy to drive change.
Job Location: Farmington CT, Wellesley MA
Job Summary: As a Director of Engineering at Diameter Health you will be responsible for hiring, mentoring, and growing the software development team(s) to develop, document, and maintain our RESTful APIs and web applications. You’ll work to maintain existing functionality while bringing new features to life. You’ll be empowered and encouraged to bring forth new ideas that further empower the product and the team while showcasing your passion for emerging web technologies and best practices.
Our Tech Stack:
- Express.js Framework
- Responsibility to analyze, design, develop and support all software application systems in leading the
- Continually improve our Scrum software development process in leading the Scrum Master
- Ensure the full automation of all software testing in leading the Quality Engineering team
- Assist software development team to attain optimal team performance through removing technical
- Interact with different members to ensure successful delivery of each sprint iteration and product release.
- Manage software engineering schedules, budget and resource allocation.
- Manage joint development with 3rd party vendors as well as outsourced development.
- Develop and implement software engineering plans appropriately.
- Provide employee coaching, mentoring, development and team building.
- Provide leadership, management and technical vision to entire engineering team.
Key Attributes for Success:
- Passion for web and software development
- Effective Problem-solving skills
- Constantly seek to evolve and improve current processes
- Highly motivated
- Positive attitude
- Effective communication, both written and verbal
- Hands-on approach to tackling technical problems
Knowledge or Skills:
- at least 8 years of experience in software development
- at least 2 years of experience in AWS or other cloud computing platforms
- at least 5 years of leadership experience in a technology role
- Advanced understanding of programming concepts
- Experience with healthcare information technology a plus but not required
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience a plus but not required