We are seeking a Director of Business Development that will be responsible for establishing new strategic partnerships in support of the company’s growth objectives.
Summary: This is an opportunity to join an innovative and rapidly growing software company as a Director of Business Development. The right candidate would be responsible for establishing new strategic partnerships in support of the company’s growth objectives. Responsible for building strategic partner development plans based on company goals that will promote revenue growth, partner satisfaction and retention for the organization. The incumbent will manage all aspects of the partnership development plan to achieve significant revenue growth.
Company Overview: With offices in Farmington, CT and Wellesley, MA Diameter Health enables clinical insight through the normalization, deduplication, intelligent organization, and enrichment of clinical data from across the care continuum. This creates a single, unified source of longitudinal structured patient information for improved care and actionable analytics. The Diameter Health platform empowers organizations that depend on multisource data streams, such as Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), health systems and health plans, to realize greater value from their data.
- Develop/support overall strategy and annual partner growth plan in support of organization strategy and objectives, including enhancing brand awareness, relevance and revenue for the company’s platform. While the primary focus of the role will be partnerships, this position will also be responsible for projects in the areas of strategy and corporate development as required.
- Works with senior management, direct sales, marketing, and other business development colleagues on developing Partner strategy and the Company’s story and unique messaging. Focus of this position will be in establishing strategic partnerships with healthcare services organizations, including systems integrators, consulting firms, and prime contractor relationships in support of federal and state government segment growth.
- Recommends strategic partnership strategies based on market research, competitive analyses, and the needs of the direct sales team.
- Assists in and/or produces feasibility studies/business plans for new product development.
- Build long term relationships with key contacts at target partner companies.
- Develop and maintain a healthy pipeline of partner opportunities by seeking out new prospects and sales opportunities.
- Collaborate actively with marketing and sales leadership and teams, including Salesforce.com, email marketing, Social Media and online marketing.
- Collaborate with sales leadership to leverage multiple channel selling strategies.
- Create scalable processes for project implementation and team accountability.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 10+ years of experience working in healthcare technology in a business development, strategic partnerships and/or client services capacity at a market leading healthcare company.
- Experience in strategic planning and business development execution plans. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time-frames and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Ability to influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations internally and externally.
- Extensive experience formulating partnerships vision, strategy, and execution plan.
- Technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers.
- Proven experience starting from scratch to develop, negotiate and structure complex deals.
- Passionate about technology and its ability to have a meaningful impact on healthcare.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships and drive customer satisfaction.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and collaborative team player, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action.
- Understanding the healthcare ecosystem and ability to align business need and value to prioritize business development targets and accelerate sales cycle for establishing new partnerships.
- Great at execution: results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, sales and marketing or related field, MBA preferred.
- Over 15 years of related industry experience.
- This position requires frequent travel, more than 50%.
- Most travel is outside the local area and may be overnight.