As a Database Engineer – MongoDB at Diameter Health you will be a member of a small, driven and growing team focused on developing new features and platform capabilities for the growth of our RESTful API and web-based applications.
Company Overview: Diameter Health is a fast-growing leading edge healthcare company with offices in Wellesley, MA and Farmington, CT. We are at the forefront of addressing the critical need of integrating disparate patient data into a single comprehensive and highly actionable record. We provide uniquely innovative software based on proprietary algorithms that enable better clinical insights through the normalization, cleansing, deduplication and enrichment of medical data from across the care continuum. This enables the creation of a single, unified source of longitudinal structured patient information which is the basis for improved care and actionable analytics. The Diameter Health platform empowers organizations that depend on multi-source data streams, including Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), health systems and health plans, to realize significantly greater value from their data.
Our goal is to change the face of healthcare by becoming the de facto standard technology platform for clinical data, no matter the downstream applications. Our team is built around professionals with a desire to succeed and a creative energy to drive change.
Job Summary: As a Database Engineer specializing in MongoDB you will be a member of a small, driven and growing team focused on developing new features and platform capabilities for the growth of our RESTful API and web-based applications. You’ll work on new features supporting our SaaS offering, and will lead the design and development of new database capabilities to support the scale we need to achieve with current and prospective customers. You’ll be empowered and encouraged to bring forth new ideas that further empower the product and the team while showcasing your passion for emerging database technologies and best practices.
Our Tech Stack:
- Architect and implement solutions to solve database and application problems that involve database performance, scalability, and data security
- Collaborate with product development team to ensure new features are architected and implemented such that MongoDB best practices are adopted and reinforced
- Develop automation for deployment activities related to database changes, and collaborate with Dev Ops team on capacity planning, disk space management, redundancy/HA, and overall database operations
- Oversee essential database administration – install, configure, upgrade, back up, and monitor MongoDB databases
- Debug issues brought forth by the product team
Key Attributes for Success:
- Passion for software development and problem-solving
- Constantly seek to evolve and improve current processes
- Highly motivated
- Positive attitude
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
Knowledge or Skills:
- At least eight years of database & software development experience
- Advanced understanding of data modeling, index analysis & optimization in MongoDB
- Advanced understanding of MongoDB replication, sharding, and performance tuning
- Experience designing and improving aggregate pipelines
- Experience optimizing WiredTiger settings
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Working experience with source code version control (Git)
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily
- Experience with healthcare information technology a plus but not required
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience a plus but not required
Job Location: Wellesley, MA