As a Database Administrator you will be supporting production MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and internal MS SQL Server database environments in the cloud (AWS, Azure) and on-prem, and assisting engineers to design and implement database solutions.
Summary: This is an opportunity to join an innovative and rapidly growing software company with offices in Farmington, CT and Wellesley, MA. Our team and strategic investors are passionate about transforming healthcare. As a rapidly growing organization serving the healthcare market, we are looking for the right people who align with our vision, mission and culture and are excited about joining a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
As a Database Administrator (MongoDB, PostgreSQL, SQL) at Diameter Health you will be a member of a small, driven and growing team focused on developing new features and platform capabilities for the growth of our RESTful API and web-based applications. You will be supporting production MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and internal MS SQL Server database environments in the cloud (AWS, Azure) and on-prem, and assisting engineers to design and implement database solutions. The focus will be on deployment and performance in client environments with coordination with our Dev Ops, Implementation, and Support teams.
This position is open to remote candidates.
Our Tech Stack:
- SQL Server
- Architect and implement solutions to solve database and application problems that involve database performance, scalability, and data security
- Develop advanced database objects, like stored procedures and triggers (T-SQL and PL/pgSQL), to implement database transactions and enforce database integrity.
- Collaborate with product architecture and development teams to ensure new features are designed and implemented in ways that will ensure successful client deployment.
- Collaborate with DevOps team on capacity planning, disk space management, redundancy/HA, change management, and overall database operations
- Oversee essential database administration – install, configure, upgrade, back up, and monitor all databases
- Debug production issues brought forth by the Support team
Knowledge or Skills:
- At least 5 years of database & software development experience
- Advanced understanding of data modeling, index analysis & optimization in both non-SQL (MongoDB) and SQL (PostgreSQL and SQL Server) database environments
- Advanced understanding of replication, sharding, partitioning, and performance tuning
- Advanced understanding of database ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) and reporting processes and tools. (CloverDX, SSIS/SSRS)
- Working experience with source code version control (Git)
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily
- Experience with healthcare information technology a plus but not required
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience a plus but not required
Key Attributes for Success:
- Passion for software development and delivery
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Constantly seeking to evolve and improve current processes
- Highly motivated
- Positive attitude
- Excellent and effective communication, both written and verbal
Job Location: Farmington, CT
Company Overview: Diameter Health is the standard for clinical data optimization, transforming raw patient information into the highest quantity and quality of interoperable data for healthcare organizations. Powered by automated, scalable, auditable technology and a team of industry experts, Diameter Health delivers actionable and enriched clinical data that enables real-time transactions, improved analytics, reduced cost, and better care outcomes. The Diameter Health platform enables organizations that depend on multi-source clinical data streams, such as health plans, Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), healthcare IT, life insurers, and health systems to realize greater value from their data. For more information, visit www.diameterhealth.com.