As a Data Engineer you will design, develop and optimize our company’s data pipelines that are used to drive all our reporting and analytics capabilities.
Overview: Making healthcare data universally accessible, organized, and actionable is our mission and we need innovative, collaborative, and driven individuals like you to make it happen! Diameter Health is a rapidly growing organization passionate about transforming healthcare, and we are looking for a Data Engineer to join our high-caliber team.
As a Data Engineer your central responsibility will be to design, develop and optimize our company’s data pipelines that are used to drive all our reporting and analytics capabilities. You should know how to examine data system requirements and implement data pipelines that will support extensive reporting needs. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in data analysis and engineering using Apache Spark, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities. Your duties will include designing data transformations for NoSQL data for the purposes of reporting and analytics, as well as creating and evolving data models that will support efficient and performant queries of our data. You’ll be empowered and encouraged to bring forth new ideas that further empower the product and the team while showcasing your passion for data engineering best practices.
- Design and implement data pipelines for NoSQL data into data to support reporting and analytics.
- Create and evolve a data model that will support efficient and performant queries of our outbound data.
- Determine the functional and non-functional requirements for evolving Diameter Health’s data systems.
- Help establish the data engineering toolset and best practices to drive future growth.
- Design, monitor and scale Apache Spark data pipelines that support extensive data analytics needs.
- Provide technical guidance on data engineering needs in the organization and keep up-to-date on the latest data engineering technology directions.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of data engineering including database structure systems and data mining
- Proven experience as a data engineer using Apache Spark
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL, OLTP, OLAP, ETL
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- At least 2 years of experience in AWS or other cloud computing platforms
- Strong communication skills
- Technical mindset with careful attention to detail
- Experience with MongoDB a plus but not required
- Experience with healthcare information technology a plus but not required
Apply with resume to: Careers@DiameterHealth.com