As a Clinical Terminologist will be a key component of the clinical informatics department, which consists of a group of professionals with diverse background but all passionate about data interoperability among electronic data sources.
Summary: This is an opportunity to join an innovative and rapidly growing software company. Our team and strategic investors are passionate about transforming healthcare. As a rapidly growing organization serving the healthcare market, we are looking for the right people who align with our vision, mission and culture and are excited about joining a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This position can be telecommute/remote.
The Clinical Terminologist will be a key component of the clinical informatics department, which consists of a group of professionals with diverse background but all passionate about data interoperability among electronic data sources. In this role, you will help define ways to normalize, enrich, organize, deduplicate and summarize patient data. You will explore ways to harmonizing clinical and billing data to clinical and payer-related terminologies and classifications. You will work with a team of informaticists, data scientists, clinicians, product managers and software engineers to identify, design and implement new clinical terminologies and content across our applications.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 2 years+ experience with US standard clinical terminologies, including RxNorm, NDC, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, SNOMED, LOINC.
- 2 years+ experience with applicable standards specifications (e.g. C-CDA, FHIR), organizations (e.g. HL7), and tools (e.g. VSAC) is a strong plus.
- Ability to create, review and modify SQL queries and stored procedures is a plus.
- Experience with terminology value sets, subsets, and maps is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process is a plus.
- Experience with healthcare information technology or data analytics is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/work experience in informatics, medical, clinical, life science, information systems or computer science.
Key Attributes for Success:
- Technical acumen working with large data sets and databases
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Constantly seek to evolve and improve current processes
- Excellent and effective communication, both written and verbal
- Logical thinker
Location: Boston, MA
Company Overview: Diameter Health is a fast-growing leading-edge healthcare company at the forefront of addressing the critical need of integrating disparate patient data into a single comprehensive and highly actionable record. We provide uniquely innovative software based on proprietary algorithms that enable better clinical insights through the normalization, cleansing, deduplication and enrichment of medical data from across the care continuum. This enables the creation of a single, uniﬁed source of longitudinal structured patient information which is the basis for improved care and actionable analytics. The Diameter Health platform empowers organizations that depend on multi-source data streams, including Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), health systems and health plans, to realize signiﬁcantly greater value from their data.
Our goal is to change the face of healthcare by becoming the de facto technology platform for clinical data, no matter the downstream applications. Our team is built around professionals with a desire to succeed and a creative energy to drive change.
Apply with resume to: Careers@DiameterHealth.com