The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) will provide clinical expertise and thought leadership on existing and emerging regulations, quality measures and technologies relevant to Diameter Health solutions.
Summary: This is an opportunity to join an innovative and rapidly growing software company with offices in Farmington, CT and Wellesley, MA. Our team and strategic investors are passionate about transforming healthcare. As a rapidly growing organization serving the healthcare market, we are looking for the right people who align with our vision, mission and culture and are excited about joining a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) will provide clinical expertise and thought leadership on existing and emerging regulations, quality measures and technologies relevant to Diameter Health solutions. This includes value-based care models, quality measurement programs (i.e., HEDIS, Medicare STARs program, eCQMs, etc.) population health management and risk adjustment. This person should understand and contribute to best practices, trends, and use cases of such technology across the care continuum. Additional responsibilities include public speaking, authoring of articles, white papers and other market facing activities to further promote Diameter Health as an industry thought leader.
The CMO will serve as the primary liaison with key clinical leaders of our customers and partners. He/she will contribute a national network of physician leadership contacts to help introduce and socialize Diameter Health research and solutions to key target market segments including payers, healthcare IT vendors, health information exchanges, ACOs and select federal sector divisions including the Veterans Administration. The CMO will serve as a subject matter expert during sales activities as needed, including but not limited to onsite prospecting presentations, discovery phone calls, and industry conferences.
The CMO will report to the Chief Executive Officer. Additionally, the CMO will work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Operations Officer to drive new customer acquisition and to solicit voice-of-customer (VOC) from current and prospective customers and partners.
This position is open to remote candidates.
- As a key member of the senior management team, collaborate actively with strategy, product management, software development and commercial teams to support the organization’s objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Provide input and feedback on product roadmap and go-to-market strategies (including technology/service offering and sales pitch) based on personal experience, market research and competitor analyses
- Build and sustain relationships with key customer physician contacts to drive ownership, commitment, and extraordinary references
- Articulate the importance of semantic interoperability to improve patient care and reduce the care delivery costs by making data liquid and actionable
- Build credibility and foster business partner relationships through interaction with customers, communicating relevant content/industry focused information
- Develop and deliver compelling descriptions of how Diameter Health solutions add value to clinicians within our target market segments
- Identify areas to promote use of Diameter Health technology in creating clinical efficiencies and improving quality care
- Help evaluates client outcomes and reviews trends/numbers
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Medical doctor with demonstrated experience in clinical informatics, health information technology provider and payer markets
- 15+ years experience of progressive healthcare leadership that includes direct involvement in the use, development, and deployment of health information technology to improve care quality and efficiency
- Experience in the implementation of production-based clinical information systems with a focus on informatics and clinical decision support
- Knowledge of current regulatory requirements with respect to payers, quality measurement and alternative and risk-based payment models
- Superior writing and presentation skills and the ability to listen and communicate with individuals at all levels
- An entrepreneurial mindset and collaborative team player, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action
- Experienced and/or specialization in medical informatics is preferred
- Passionate about technology and its ability to have a meaningful impact on healthcare
- Great at execution: results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter
Job Location: Farmington, CT
Company Overview: Diameter Health is the standard for clinical data optimization, transforming raw patient information into the highest quantity and quality of interoperable data for healthcare organizations. Powered by automated, scalable, auditable technology and a team of industry experts, Diameter Health delivers actionable and enriched clinical data that enables real-time transactions, improved analytics, reduced cost, and better care outcomes. The Diameter Health platform enables organizations that depend on multi-source clinical data streams, such as health plans, Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), healthcare IT, life insurers, and health systems to realize greater value from their data. For more information, visit www.diameterhealth.com.