The Chief Medical Officer will provide clinical expertise and thought leadership on existing and emerging regulations, quality measures and technologies relevant to Diameter Health solutions.
Company Overview: Diameter Health is a fast-growing leading edge healthcare company at the forefront of addressing the critical need of integrating disparate patient data into a single comprehensive and highly
actionable record. We provide uniquely innovative software based on proprietary algorithms that enable better clinical insights through the normalization, cleansing, deduplication and enrichment of medical data from across the care continuum. This enables the creation of a single, unified source of longitudinal structured patient information which is the basis for improved care and actionable analytics. The Diameter Health platform empowers organizations that depend on multi-source data streams, including Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), health systems and health plans, to realize significantly greater value from their data.
Our goal is to change the face of healthcare by becoming the de facto standard technology platform for clinical data, no matter the downstream applications. Our team is built around professionals with a desire to succeed and a creative energy to drive change.
This is an opportunity to join an innovative and rapidly growing software company with offices in Farmington, CT and Wellesley, MA as the Chief Medical Officer (CMO). Our team and strategic investors are passionate about transforming healthcare. As a rapidly growing organization serving the healthcare market, we are looking for the right people who align with our vision, mission and culture and are excited about joining a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
This position will provide clinical expertise and thought leadership on existing and emerging regulations, quality measures and technologies relevant to Diameter Health solutions. This includes value-based care models, quality measurement programs (i.e., HEDIS, Medicare STAR program, eCQMs, etc.), population health management and clinical inference. This person should understand and contribute to best practices, trends, and use cases of such technology across the care continuum. Additional responsibilities include public speaking, authoring of articles, white papers, national standards and other market facing activities to further promote Diameter Health as an industry thought leader.
The CMO will serve as the primary liaison with key physician leaders of our customers and partners. He/she will contribute a national network of physician leadership contacts to help introduce and socialize Diameter Health research and solutions to key target market segments including payers, healthcare IT vendors, health information exchanges, ACOs and select federal sector divisions including the Veterans Administration. The CMO will serve as a subject matter expert during sales activities as needed, including but not limited to onsite prospecting presentations, discovery phone calls, and industry conferences.
The CMO will report to the Chief Executive Officer. Additionally, the CMO will work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Product Officer to drive new customer acquisition and to solicit voice-of-customer (VOC) from current and prospective customers and partners.
- As a key member of the senior management team, collaborate actively with strategy, product management, software development and commercial teams to support the organization’s objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Provide input and feedback on product roadmap and go-to-market strategies (including technology/service offering and messaging) based on personal experience, market research and competitor analyses
- Build and sustain relationships with key customer physician contacts to drive ownership, commitment and extraordinary references
- Articulate the importance and need for semantic interoperability to improve patient care and reduce the cost of care delivery by making data liquid and actionable
- Build credibility and foster business partner relationships through interaction with customers, communicating relevant content/industry focused information
- Develop and deliver compelling descriptions of how Diameter Health solutions add value to clinicians within our target market segments
- Identify areas to promote use of Diameter Health technology in creating efficiencies for physicians and improving quality care
- Help evaluate client outcomes and reviews trends/numbers
- Board certified physician with demonstrated experience in clinical informatics, provider and payer markets
- 15+ years experience of progressive healthcare leadership that includes direct involvement in the use, development and deployment of electronic health records or the use of technology in quality and safety improvement for both payers and providers
- Experience in the implementation of production-based clinical information systems with a focus on informatics and clinical decision support
- Knowledge of current regulatory requirements with respect to payers, quality measurement and alternative and risk-based payment models
- Superior writing and presentation skills and the ability to listen and communicate with individuals at all levels
- An entrepreneurial mindset and collaborative team player, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action
- An advanced degree in medical informatics is preferred
- Passionate about technology and its ability to have a meaningful impact on healthcare
- Great at execution: results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter
- Travel requirements will vary but at times, travel up to 50% may be required for specific initiatives and/or national conferences