Overview: Are you passionate about transforming healthcare? Join our innovative and rapidly growing team to help set the standard for clinical data optimization. Diameter Health is powering the healthcare ecosystem by making data universally accessible, organized and actionable, and we are looking for a Business Analyst (Clinical Data & Integrations) who aligns with our vision, mission and culture.
The Business Analyst is responsible for defining data requirements related to Diameter Health’s emerging relational database management system. In this role, you will work with cross functional partners to determine business requirements relevant to use of Diameter Health data in downstream workflows with a focus on seamless integration and surfacing of valuable data insights. This includes using data exploration and visualization tools to model potential dashboards and reports to finalize requirements for the software development teams to design and deliver at scale.
As a member of the Product team, you will work with Product and Clinical Informatics leadership to define the integration and analytic needs of the customer and the detailed data requirements that the team can use to leverage the data from our existing data structures to develop and expand the relational database management solution with accuracy and purpose. A successful candidate has outstanding attention to detail, the ability to define and validate data inputs and outputs and is passionate about the role data can play in powering downstream use cases and in driving impactful decision making.
When specifying work for the engineering team to develop, you will bring strong organizational skills to bear to define data needs of our customers in a way that maximizes value delivered within the context of an Agile release strategy. You will order and manage requirements and defects to ensure that the work defined for the team is meaningful to the customer, yet realistic and attainable for the development teams.
- Learn and become expert in Diameter Health data structures and architecture, including complexities required of clinical data analysis
- Identify and define data structures that support foundational data integration needs for Diameter Health customers
- Identify and prototype analyses that answer key business questions using SQL, MS Excel and business intelligence tools
- Review prototypes with internal teams and customers to finalize requirements and document for scalable execution by the engineering team
- Lead deep dive discussions into data use analysis and reporting to identify gaps, opportunities, and efficiencies to be gained in support of critical customer workflows
- Maintain data integrity, perform QA and diligently troubleshoot issues
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, while identifying opportunities to automate or simplify self-service support and access to authoritative data sets
- Support detailed documentation of Diameter Health relational database management system
- Train internal teams and customers on the Diameter Health relational database
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and structures – ability to understand and handle data quality issues and respond to detailed questions
- Ability to define and communicate detailed data requirements to engineering teams to build large-scale and repeatable analyses
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development process
- Proficiency in SQL and MS Excel
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to convey key insights from complex analysis and effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams
- Self-motivated and able to own workload to deliver results
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workloads/projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated high degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- 5+ years of experience in business / data analysis
- Experience with clinical data (e.g. EHR systems, HL7v2 messages, C-CDA documents and/or FHIR resources)
Apply with resume to: Careers@DiameterHealth.com