You will drive the vision and development of our next generation clinical terminology management platform as a Business Analyst.
Summary: Are you passionate about transforming healthcare? Join our innovative and rapidly growing team to help set the standard for clinical data optimization. Diameter Health is powering the healthcare ecosystem by making data universally accessible, organized, and actionable, and we are looking for a Business Analyst who aligns with our vision, mission, and culture.
The terminology team is currently developing a novel clinical terminology management platform. You will be responsible for defining data requirements related to building and migrating data to this new platform by working with cross functional partners (e.g., clinical terminologist, informaticians, database architects, and software engineers) to determine business requirements relevant to the use of clinical terminology within the management platform and downstream applications. A successful candidate has outstanding attention to detail, the ability to define and validate data inputs and outputs and is passionate about the role clinical terminology can play in powering clinical use cases.
- Learn and become an expert in Diameter Health terminology data structures and architecture, including the complexities of maintaining updated versions of standardized code systems and value sets (e.g., RxNorm, NDC, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, SNOMED, LOINC, etc.), and mappings between code systems in a way that supports terminologist workflows.
- Liaise with engineering teams to translate and define requirements related to terminology data structures, relationships between data structures, and how these structures relate to source code system files (e.g., LOINC release files) for scalable execution by the terminology database architect.
- Participate in deep-dive discussions of terminology data use and dependencies to identify gaps, opportunities, and efficiencies to be gained in support of terminologist workflows.
- Perform QA tasks on the evolving terminology management platform and diligently troubleshoot issues.
- Identify opportunities to automate or simplify terminology authoring and maintenance.
- Create detailed documentation related to the new clinical terminology management platform.
- Participate in training of new terminology team members on the use of the new system.
Required Knowledge and Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience in data analysis with strong analytical skills.
- Experience with clinical data (e.g., EHR systems, HL7v2 messages, C-CDA documents and/or FHIR resources).
- Ability to define detailed and complex data requirements to support new systems development.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated high degree of organization with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to convey requirements to both technical & non-technical teams.
- Experience working with MS Office tools (e.g., MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Working knowledge of standardized code systems (e.g., RxNorm, NDC, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, SNOMED, LOINC), and proficiency in basic SQL use all are a plus.
Apply with resume to: Careers@DiameterHealth.com