We are seeking an Applications Support Engineer. This person will be responsible for providing support to Diameter Health customers and internal Implementation/Technical Sales staff. As an initial point of contact for support, this position plays a key role in ensuring timely response and quality support to customer inquiries.
Company Overview: This is an opportunity to join an innovative and rapidly growing software company with offices in Farmington, CT and Wellesley, MA as a Senior Applications Support Engineer. Our team and strategic investors are passionate about transforming healthcare. As a rapidly growing organization serving the healthcare market, we are looking for the right people who align with our vision, mission and culture and are excited about joining a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
We are seeking an experienced and results-driven Application Support Engineer. This person will be responsible for providing support to Diameter Health customers and internal Implementation/Technical Sales staff. As an initial point of contact for support, this position plays a key role in ensuring timely response and quality support to customer inquiries. The position provides a critical interface with customers by answering user questions and resolving first and second-level technical issues or triaging more complex issues through proper escalation channels. This is a highly visible position due to the direct daily contact with Diameter Health customers and internal stakeholders/management.
The role will provide support via phone, e-mail, and our customer management platform and must ensure prompt, courteous and professional service to our customers through effective communication, timely follow-up, technical expertise and adherence to department policies and standards. In addition, this role will play a vital part in the building out of professional services offerings such as proactive monitoring and customized data extraction routines.
This position is open to remote candidates.
- Facilitate resolving customer product and technical inquiries and provide first/second level support
- Provide a high availability and rapid response to all customer issues/escalations
- Create accurate and complete documentation on all customer interactions and problem diagnostics
- As needed, escalate issues appropriately, rapidly, and with necessary supporting documentation
- Educate customers as necessary to enable them to support themselves or resolve their issues
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure Diameter Health can meet or exceed SLAs
- Communicate clearly at an appropriate level to provide a professional and knowledgeable experience for customers
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiar with programming concepts including source control
- Familiar with enterprise database concepts (SQL, No SQL, MongoDB, Postgres)
- Familiar with basic AWS Administration (EC2, S3, IAM, File Transfer)
- Familiar with Linux Ubuntu
- A self-starter who can work independently, prioritize and trouble-shoot new issues
- Ability to maintain calm, professional demeanor while balancing multiple priorities
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Fluent in the English language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree (Electronics or Computer Science concentration preferred)
- – OR –
- 2-3 years of work experience supporting web applications in a Tier 1/Tier 2 technical support role with direct customer contact
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience programming in any language a plus
- Familiarity with medical terminology (C-CDA, HL7) a plus
- Cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP) a plus
- Office environment
- Work-from-home (requires functional, quiet environment with reliable high-speed internet access)
- Must be able to work fluctuating schedule during various hours and required rotating on-call shifts
- Must be able to work 8:00 – 5:00 PM Pacific Time
- Must be able to work occasional weekends to meet business needs
- Occasional travel for training (5%)
Job Location: Greater Boston Area
Company Overview: Diameter Health is the standard for clinical data optimization, transforming raw patient information into the highest quantity and quality of interoperable data for healthcare organizations. Powered by automated, scalable, auditable technology and a team of industry experts, Diameter Health delivers actionable and enriched clinical data that enables real-time transactions, improved analytics, reduced cost, and better care outcomes. The Diameter Health platform enables organizations that depend on multi-source clinical data streams, such as health plans, Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), healthcare IT, life insurers, and health systems to realize greater value from their data. For more information, visit www.diameterhealth.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.