Diameter Health is a leading edge healthcare company at the forefront of addressing the critical need of integrating disparate patient data into a single comprehensive and highly actionable record. We provide uniquely innovative software based on proprietary algorithms that enable better clinical insights through the normalization, cleansing, deduplication and enrichment of medical data from across the care continuum. This enables the creation of a single, unified source of longitudinal structured patient information which is the basis for improved care and actionable analytics. The Diameter Health platform empowers organizations that depend on multi-source data streams, including Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), health systems and health plans, to realize significantly greater value from their data.
Our goal is to change the face of healthcare by becoming the de facto standard technology platform for clinical data, no matter the downstream applications. Our team is built around professionals with a desire to succeed and a creative energy to drive change. We are seeking an experienced and results-driven Agile Product Owner.
The Agile Product Owner (APO) is responsible for the vision of the specific solution set to which he/she has been assigned. As one of the key leaders in product development you will work with the business lead (Chief Product Officer) and Product Manager. You will be tasked with representing the voice of the customer and the vision of the product throughout the product development process and represent these to the engineering team. You are responsible for working with key stakeholders from across the company to bring a voice and story to the customer feature requests, new product features and technical features that the team will develop. You will help prioritize feature development for each product release.
Holding the ultimate accountability for the product definition that best meets the needs of our customers and our business, you will bring your strong leadership and organizational skills to bear to maintain a steady release plan for the solution. Recognizing the limitations of resources and time you will be responsible for accepting and rejecting work at the appropriate interval during each development sprint. You will order and manage the backlog of user stories and product defects to ensure that the work defined for the team is meaningful to the customer, yet realistic and attainable for the development teams.
- Detailed understanding of customer needs as it relates to the product backlog
- An ability to advocate for and manage the value of the product release
- Work with business lead, Product Managers, Service, Implementation and key technical resources to identify stories to be added to the backlog
- Maintain ranked order of backlog of user stories and product defects based on business value
- Ensure the backlog is sized appropriately (Epics, Stories) based on backlog order
- Communicate and advocate the product vision
- Work with Service and Customer Experience to prioritize development requests for the product
- Lead and communicate the release plan
- Engage with development to commit backlog items to sprint deliverables (negotiate on what gets put in each sprint)
- Work with the larger organization to communicate and make trade-offs to meet corporate objectives
- Work with development teams to address questions or concerns during sprints
- Work with Product Managers to understand and validate customer needs and understand Product Vision
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to understand the operating context for the product development you are leading
Key Attributes for Success
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, group presentations
- Flexibility to partner with and negotiate with different personality types at all levels within and outside the organization
- Effective leadership skills and ability to listen, communicate and motivate teams to achieve results
- Ability to guide and mentor colleagues for effective decision-making and leadership abilities
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Positive attitude and creativity in generating solutions
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in a Healthcare or Medical Device setting
- Experience with healthcare information technology and hosted solutions
- Experience with Agile Product Development
- Office Environment
- 25% Travel