This is an opportunity to join an innovative and rapidly growing software company with offices in Farmington, CT and Wellesley, MA as Agile Product Owner.
Our team and strategic investors are passionate about transforming healthcare. As a rapidly growing organization serving the healthcare market, we are looking for the right people who align with our vision, mission and culture and are excited about joining a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The Agile Product Owner (APO) is responsible for the vision of the specific solution set to which he/she has been assigned. As one of the key leaders in product development you will work with the Product Manager to represent the voice of the customer and the vision of the product throughout the product development process and present these to the engineering team. You are responsible for working with key stakeholders from across the company to bring a voice and story to the customer feature requests, new product features and technical features that the team will develop. You will help prioritize feature development for each product release.
Holding the ultimate accountability for the product definition that best meets the needs of our customers and our business, you will bring your strong leadership and organizational skills to bear to maintain a steady release plan for the solution. Recognizing the limitations of resources and time you will be responsible for accepting and rejecting work at the appropriate interval during each development sprint. You will order and manage the backlog of user stories and product defects to ensure that the work defined for the team is meaningful to the customer, yet realistic and attainable for the development teams.
- Detailed understanding of customer needs as it relates to the product backlog
- An ability to advocate for and manage the value of the product release
- Work with business lead, Product Managers, Support, Implementation and key technical resources to identify stories to be added to the backlog
- Maintain ranked order of backlog of user stories and product defects based on business value
- Ensure the backlog is sized appropriately (Epics, Stories) based on backlog order
- Communicate and advocate the product vision
- Work with Support and Customer Experience to prioritize development requests for the product
- Lead and communicate the release plan
- Engage with development to commit backlog items to sprint deliverables (negotiate on what gets put in each sprint)
- Work with the larger organization to communicate and make tradeoffs to meet corporate objectives
- Work with development teams to address questions / concerns during sprints
- Work with Product Managers to understand and validate customer needs and understand Product Vision
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to understand the operating context for the product development you are leading.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Agile product development
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, group presentations
- Flexibility to partner with and negotiate with various personality types at all levels within and outside the organization
- Effective leadership skills and ability to listen, communicate and motivate teams to achieve results
- Ability to guide and mentor colleagues for effective decision-making and leadership abilities
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Positive attitude and creativity in generating solutions
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in a Healthcare or Medical Device Setting
- Experience with healthcare information technology and hosted solutions
- Environment and Physical – Office environment; 25% travel on a national basis.
- Farmington, CT or Wellesley, MA
About Diameter Health:
Diameter Health enables clinical insight through the normalization, deduplication, intelligent organization, and enrichment of clinical data from across the care continuum. This creates a single, unified source of longitudinal structured patient information for improved care and actionable analytics. The Diameter Health platform empowers organizations that depend on multisource data streams, such as Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), health systems and health plans, to realize greater value from their data.