Overview: Diameter Health is transforming healthcare through software solutions that provide scalability through the use of interoperability standards, leverage clinical analytics to normalize and understand the wealth of data in Electronic Health Records (EHRs), and utilize lean application design to empower organizations to deliver superior care.
We are a high-growth startup with offices in Farmington, CT and Boston, MA.
Job Location: Farmington, CT
Job Summary: As a back-end Software Engineer you will be a member of a small, driven team focused on the continued development of our RESTful API. You will work closely with the UI/UX team while having a critical role in the future of our API and database architecture. You are highly motivated with a passion for current web technologies and have the ability and confidence to analyze situations and make impactful decisions.
- Provide recommendations for product orientation, technology selection and solution design
- Focus on RESTful API and database performance
- Constantly seek to evolve and improve current processes
- Create structure and plans to effectively communicate and manage change
- Build effective, collaborative working relationships with Program Strategy, Product Management, Marketing, and Development Teams to deliver best in class solutions
- Shift easily among projects of a variety of size and scope according to the needs of a growing health IT company
Technical Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of experience developing Node.js applications
- At least 2 years of experience with a document-oriented database
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in software engineering, computer science (or equivalent)
- Experience with the Express framework a plus (but not necessary)
- Experience with CSS, frontend frameworks like React a plus (but not necessary)
- Knowledge of healthcare data and the requirements for developing secure applications that are HIPAA compliant a plus (but not necessary)
- Experience with HL7 standards (v2.x, CDA, C-CDA, FHIR) a plus (but not necessary)
Contact: Chris Roth, Chief Technology Officer